Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My pursuit to study "The Inner Skills of Wealth Creation" / "Ilmu Kaya Halal"

BismillahirRahmaanirRahim..
All praised due to Almighty Allah, Lord of the universe.
Solawat and salaam to our dearest Nabi Muhammad (p.b.u.h), his family, and all his companions.

After that..

So I finally started writing on this topic, "The Inner Skills of Wealth Creation - An Islamic Perspective", after keeping and accumulating the urge to write about it since 2002. But the delay was not due to a mere proscrastination. It was the excitement of knowledge exploration that has made me to keep reading and learning, and start writing later.

It all started with my reading of AlQur'an, Surah Ar-Ra'ad, verse 11:
.. Indeed Allah will not change the situation of a people until and unless they themselves change what are with themselves.

Talking about change, there are many types of positive changes. One of those changes that I am focusing in this writing is the change from state of poverty to state of wealthiness.

In exploring "what are with themselves", I had a question: "In this world of cause-and-effect chains, what are the main causes that make people rich and happy in this worldly life??".

I had another question: "Knowing that this worldly life is only temporary, how can I reap the worldly benefits without disqualifying myself from the permanent enjoyment in paradise??"

A question leads to answers, that lead to more questions, and more answers... and now I have to put all those in writing for sharing with you.

Throughout the years, I have accumulated many truths about wealth creation from my discourses with learned men, from the many wonderful literatures that I have studied, from the trainings that I attended, from my travel in more than 25 countries, and also from the happenings in the world around me. Above all, those studies and observations are guided and benchmarked in the light of AlQur'an and AsSunnah.

Have I practiced what I already know about this topic? YES! but it is only less than 5%, or even lesser. What make me so excited to share this knowledge where as I only managed to practice less than 5% of it? It is because I am clearly seeing a significant improvement in my life, wealth, and happiness due to the little things that I started to practice. I know that I must share these knowledge with you now; way before practicing even 50% of the knowledge.

I am writing, and at the same time learning and seeking feedbacks from you. This writing will eventually be compiled into a book, and I name it "THE INNER SKILLS OF WEALTH CREATION - An Islamic Perspective". Please don't mind that I will interchangeably write in English or Bahasa Melayu.

Enjoy reading it, and May Allah SWT grants this humble writer and all of you His taufiq, hidayah, rahmah, and all the goodness in this life and akhirah.

Yours sincerely,

Haji Roslan bin Nordin
21st March 2007 / 2 Rabi'ul Awal 1428

No comments: